GLIIFCA Conference Site • •
Welcome to GLIIFCA Annual Meeting Conference Site!
GLIIFCA/ORVCA 2018 Joint Meeting
The Great Lakes International Imaging and Flow Cytometry Association (GLIIFCA) and the Ohio River Valley Cytometry Association (ORVCA) are planning a joint meeting September 28th-30th, 2018, at the Marriott River Center, Covington, KY. The meeting will feature keynote speakers in imaging and flow cytometry, roundtable sessions with cytometry experts, a poster session and information on the latest cytometry technologies and tools. Travel awards are available for poster presenters to offset the cost of the meeting and monetary awards are given to the top presenters.
The 2018 GLIIFCA speakers line-up includes:
- Albert Donnenberg, University of Pittsburgh
- Orla Maguire, Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Keke Fairfax, Purdue University
- Janet Staats, Duke University
- Bob Lorsbach, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Nicole Poulton (ISAC Emerging Leader), Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences
- Heather Hundley, Indiana University
- ...and others.
Carleton and Sigrid Stewart Lecture Keynote Speaker: Vincent Shankey
Dr. Vincent Shankey received his Ph.D. degree in immunology and medical microbiology from the University of Florida School of Medicine (1977), followed by a postdoctoral fellowship in the Department of Pathology at the University of Pennsylvania from 1977 to 1981. Dr. Shankey has used flow and image cytometry in his research for over thirty years, working in clinical flow cytometry for much of that time. From 1987 through 2001, Shankey was director of research for the Urology Department and scientific director of the Clinical Flow Cytometry laboratory at Loyola University Medical Center, Chicago. In 2001, Dr. Shankey was recruited to join the Advanced Technology Center/Systems Research Group at Beckman Coulter. During this period, the focus of his research was the development of novel approaches to measuring signal transduction pathways and their alterations in human disease. He left Beckman Coulter in Jan, 2013, and is now an independent Biotechnology Consultant.
GLIIFCA 2017 Meeting
The 2017 meeting of the Great Lakes International Imaging and Flow Cytometry Association took place in Madison Marriott West Hotel in Middleton, WI, from September 22 to September 24, 2017.
The 2017 GLIIFCA speakers line-up included:
- Carleton and Sigrid Stewart Lecture Keynote Speaker: Dr. Howard M. Shapiro
- Nima Aghaeepour, Stanford University
- Michał Bonar, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- Lisa H. Butterfield, University of Pittsburgh
- Heather Gibson, Wayne State University
- Joshua Lang, University of Wisconsin
- Mike Loken, HematoLogics, Inc.
- Jason Muhitch, Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Josef Spidlen, FlowJo LLC
- John (Chip) Tilton, Case Western Reserve University
- ...and others.
Join our growin list of sponsors of the 2018 meeting!
Page updated on 2018-06-13 14:36:44 -0400