GLIIFCA Conference Site • •
Welcome to GLIIFCA Annual Meeting Conference Site!
GLIIFCA/ORVCA 2018 Joint Meeting
The Great Lakes International Imaging and Flow Cytometry Association (GLIIFCA) and the Ohio River Valley Cytometry Association (ORVCA) are planning a joint meeting September 28th-30th, 2018, at the Marriott River Center, Covington, KY. The meeting will feature keynote speakers in imaging and flow cytometry, roundtable sessions with cytometry experts, a poster session and information on the latest cytometry technologies and tools. Travel awards are available for poster presenters to offset the cost of the meeting and monetary awards are given to the top presenters.
Come and network with others in the field of cytometry and join us for the infamous GLIIFCA banquet. This year's GLIIFCA Banquet theme is Oktoberfest!
The 2018 GLIIFCA speakers line-up includes:
- Albert Donnenberg, University of Pittsburgh
- Orla Maguire, Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Vincent Shankey, Shankey Biotechnology Consulting
- Janet Staats, Duke University
- Bob Lorsbach, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Nicole Poulton (ISAC Emerging Leader), Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences
- Heather Hundley, Indiana University
- ...and others.
GLIIFCA 2017 Meeting
The 2017 meeting of the Great Lakes International Imaging and Flow Cytometry Association took place in Madison Marriott West Hotel in Middleton, WI, from September 22 to September 24, 2017.
The GLIIFCA conference provides a great opportunity for the Great Lakes region cytometry professionals to come together and discuss innovations and recent research findings in the fields of image and flow cytometry. As always, we will have an outstanding group of speakers, including not only established senior researchers, but also young investigators passionate about cytometry.
Last, but not least, the famous GLIIFCA Banquet AKA cytometry costume party. The 2017 theme is "Doctor Who." Remember: The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them GLIIFCA meetings.
The 2017 GLIIFCA speakers line-up included:
- Nima Aghaeepour, Stanford University
- Michał Bonar, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- Lisa H. Butterfield, University of Pittsburgh
- Heather Gibson, Wayne State University
- Joshua Lang, University of Wisconsin
- Mike Loken, HematoLogics, Inc.
- Jason Muhitch, Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Josef Spidlen, FlowJo LLC
- John (Chip) Tilton, Case Western Reserve University
- ...and others.
Carleton and Sigrid Stewart Lecture Keynote Speaker: Dr. Howard M. Shapiro
Dr. Howard M. Shapiro, M.D is a Lecturer on Pathology at Harvard Medical School, a Visiting Scientist, Rosenstiel Basic Medical Sciences Research Center at Brandeis University and a Research Associate in Medicine and Pathology at Beth Israel Hospital. Dr. Shapiro is a recognized pioneer in the fields of pathology and cytometry. Dr. Shapiro has published innumerable papers in the fields of cytometry and oncology, as well as the seminal "Practical Flow Cytometry" book. He holds a B.A. from Harvard College and an M.D. from New York University School of Medicine.
The complete conference program is availabe here
Join our growin list of sponsors of the 2017 meeting!
Page updated on 2018-05-21 16:53:39 -0400