GLIIFCA Conference Site • •
Welcome to GLIIFCA Annual Meeting Conference Site!
GLIIFCA/ORVCA 2018 Joint Meeting
The Great Lakes International Imaging and Flow Cytometry Association (GLIIFCA) and the Ohio River Valley Cytometry Association (ORVCA) are planning a joint meeting September 28th-30th, 2018, at the Marriott River Center, Covington, KY. The meeting will feature keynote speakers in imaging and flow cytometry, roundtable sessions with cytometry experts, a poster session and information on the latest cytometry technologies and tools. Travel awards are available for poster presenters to offset the cost of the meeting.
The 2018 GLIIFCA speakers line-up includes:
- Albert Donnenberg, University of Pittsburgh
- Keke Fairfax, Purdue University
- Heather Hundley, Indiana University
- Eric Long, NIH National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Molecular and Cellular Immunology Section
- Bob Lorsbach, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Orla Maguire, Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Nicole Poulton (ISAC Emerging Leader), Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences
- Nathan Salomonis, UC Department of Biomedical Informatics
- Janet Staats, Duke University
- Katie Seu, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
- Stephen N. Waggoner, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital and University of Cincinnati
- ...and others.
Click here for the full scientific program of the meeting.
Carleton and Sigrid Stewart Lecture Keynote Speaker: Vincent Shankey
Dr. Vincent Shankey received his Ph.D. degree in immunology and medical microbiology from the University of Florida School of Medicine (1977), followed by a postdoctoral fellowship in the Department of Pathology at the University of Pennsylvania from 1977 to 1981. Dr. Shankey has used flow and image cytometry in his research for over thirty years, working in clinical flow cytometry for much of that time. From 1987 through 2001, Shankey was director of research for the Urology Department and scientific director of the Clinical Flow Cytometry laboratory at Loyola University Medical Center, Chicago. In 2001, Dr. Shankey was recruited to join the Advanced Technology Center/Systems Research Group at Beckman Coulter. During this period, the focus of his research was the development of novel approaches to measuring signal transduction pathways and their alterations in human disease. He left Beckman Coulter in Jan, 2013, and is now an independent Biotechnology Consultant.
A dedicated website is now available for all the GLIIFCA attendees to book their hotel rooms online. Reservations can be made until September 5th, 2018 at this link.
GLIIFCA 2017 Meeting
The 2017 meeting of the Great Lakes International Imaging and Flow Cytometry Association took place in Madison Marriott West Hotel in Middleton, WI, from September 22 to September 24, 2017.
The 2017 GLIIFCA speakers line-up included:
- Carleton and Sigrid Stewart Lecture Keynote Speaker: Dr. Howard M. Shapiro
- Nima Aghaeepour, Stanford University
- Michał Bonar, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- Lisa H. Butterfield, University of Pittsburgh
- Heather Gibson, Wayne State University
- Joshua Lang, University of Wisconsin
- Mike Loken, HematoLogics, Inc.
- Jason Muhitch, Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Josef Spidlen, FlowJo LLC
- John (Chip) Tilton, Case Western Reserve University
- ...and others.
Join our growing list of sponsors of the 2018 meeting!
The list of 2016-2018 sponsors:
Page updated on 2018-09-15 13:35:58 -0400