Chao-Huei Jeffrey Wang Memorial Achievement Award • •
Dr. Chao-Huei Jeffrey Wang Wang emigrated from Taiwan to the United States in 1968 to pursue a Master's degree. He later received a Ph.D. in organic chemistry and subsequently did a post doctorate at Amherst College with Dr. Alan Waggoner. During this time, he developed fluorescent dyes intended for optical probes of membrane potential. In 1992, Dr. Wang founded Spherotech, Inc.
The Annual Chao-Huei Jeffrey Wang Memorial Achievement Award was created in 2009 in recognition of the lifetime achievements and contributions to the flow cytometry community by Dr. Chao-Huei Jeffrey Wang. The travel grant will be awarded to an individual beginning their scientific career and studying or working in the US. This award is established as a training grant to be used to offset costs of the winner to:
- Attend an academic course of flow or image cytometry
- Attend a national/international flow cytometry or imaging course or conference
- Travel to an academic laboratory to learn a new cytometry-related skill
- Engage in similar such activities that further the awardee's training
- This award is designed for individuals early in their career. Technicians, graduate students, and post-doctoral fellows are all eligible and may submit an application using the web submission form.
Page updated on 2015-08-21 14:05:57 -0400